I was tagged on Facebook in a fun game to share five facts about my current main character, and I thought you guys would appreciate it too! I’m currently writing Madcap Library stories, so you get the Sloth…
1. He’s currently employed as a duster at the Madcap Library, exact location unspecified. Previous jobs include doughnut taster, Portable Hug Dispenser, and accidental lookout for a gang of bank robbers (don’t ask).
2. He originally wanted to be a pilot, but fell asleep during the selection process. He has since discovered that there are other ways of fulfilling his speed addiction, but he keeps the flying cap and goggles because he might need them.
3. His favourite food is hibiscus flowers, as it’s the Sloth equivalent of chocolate.
4. After a minor incident involving long claws and the banisters, the Sloth joined the Bark Scratcher’s Society, as it keeps his claws trimmed (which is why you will sometimes see deep grooves in the bark of trees). The subscription is fairly expensive but is happily paid for by the other members of the Library Staff, who like their clothes left intact on the frequent occasions when they get hugged by Duster.
5. The person he would most like to meet is Kelly Brook, as he thinks she would be exceptionally huggable. The Head Librarian fully agrees with this point of view.
There you go! I am being tagged quite a lot in writing games, so I will have another post coming up shortly on Things I Write…